Thursday, November 18, 2010

'Sweet' News

Romans 8:15-16 "For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children."

Well, we have told people about our adoption. It was just our close family and friends that knew we were planning to adopt, but now we have told people at our jobs, and have put it on Facebook (and we all know how quickly FB news spreads!). I admit I am nervous about possible negative reactions and comments. So far the reactions have been great, even positively overwhelming. So many people telling us they will pray with us, questions about adoption, others saying they want to adopt (yes!!!), and already a couple people asking if they can make donations. My heart is filled with joy! Praise be to God for His mercy, love, care, provision, and goodness!!

Psalm 100:5 "For the Lord is good, and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations."

During my day off last week, I decided to research a possible fundraiser for the adoption. I had thought about selling fudge...it's yummy and chocolate!!, it's reasonably priced (usually), mostly everyone likes it, and with the holidays coming up, it would make great gifts and great desserts (or in my opinion...a great appetizer!) It was important to me that it be a small business in New Hampshire, since NH is where I have lived all my life. After some searching, I found The Mill Fudge Factory. I emailed them to find out if they'd be willing to help us out, they got back to us right away, responded quickly to our emails and phone calls, and had some awesome flavors of fudge! Susan and her son, Noah, set everything up for us and now we are selling fudge! There are 16 flavors on the order form: Penuche, Belgian Chocolate, Snowy Moose, Holiday Mint, Egg Nog, Maple Walnut, Rocky Road, Natural Peanut Butter, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Chocolate Raspberry, Chocolate Walnut, Penuche Pecan, Peanut Butter M&M, Cappuccino, Strawberry Fields Forever (Stawberry and White Chocolate), and Cranberry Maple Nut.
Our goal is to sell 200 pounds. I will update the blog to let everyone know how many pounds we sold. Fudge can be ordered through the site that Susan and Noah (from The Mill Fudge Factory) set up for us: www.themillfudgefactory.com/adoption.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment